TEA TIME: CURRENT FAVORITES

Tuesday, July 08, 2014


I LOVE TEA!

I love it smell and it taste! I love my perfect cup of tea. It’s how I like to begin my day, not to help me wake up, but rather I like to enjoy a tasteful cup of bliss first thing in the morning.

If a perfect cup of tea makes you smile and lets your heart indulge a little, then what could possibly be the harm?

Here are some of my favorite teas ;)





Heladiv Green Tea 

Whenever I hear someone says 'green tea' the smell and the taste come toward me and that's not a good feeling. I really hate the smell of this tea, it makes me really dizzy. but, this green tea from Heladiv a brand from Sri Lanka. I have no idea what they do, but their green tea is different from others and it changes me! The taste better than others, the smell is 100% way better!



I know the taste is not a favorite but green tea has a lot of benefits for health. I try my best to keep healthy - eat well, drink well - and struggling to keep my weight in check. Green tea is the answer and I do research about green tea and this tea is amazing... 

  • Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
  • Diabetes. Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes and resulting fat storage.
  • Heart Disease. Scientists think, green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
  • Esophageal Cancer. It can reduce the risk of esophageal cancer, but it is also widely thought to kill cancer cells in general without damaging the healthy tissue around them.
  • Cholesterol. Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
  • Blood Pressure. Regular consumption of green tea is thought to reduce the risk of high blood pressure.
  • Depression. Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It is this substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and be a great benefit to tea drinkers.
  • Skincare. Green tea can apparently also help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities. Both animal and human studies have demonstrated that green tea applied topically can reduce sun damage


Heladiv Pure Ceylon Tea

I never heard about this tea before, until end of 2013, when me and my Mom went for grocery shopping my eyeballs caught it. First, that's a weird name of tea. Second, I never heard about the company too. So, I took a box with me. 




It smells and tastes really good! because it was new to me, I did some research: 
1. Ceylon tea is rich in antioxidants and therefore helps in lowering the risk of getting cancer.
2. Ceylon tea helps in reducing cholesterol levels in the blood vessels thereby preventing high blood pressure and heart attacks.
3. According to recent studies, it is shown that drinking four cups of Ceylon tea a day for a period of one month helps in increasing blood circulation.
4. Ceylon tea helps in the prevention of plaque which helps the fight against cavities.

but unfortunately, Ceylon tea contains about 23 - 110 mg of caffeine and I'm not allowed to drink everything with caffeine on it because I have a terrible insomnia. So, I'm not regularly drink this tea, just in time when I want to stay up too late.


Lipton Chamomile Tea

I have a terrible insomnia and a friend on tumblr once told me about chamomile tea helps relieve insomnia. None likes insomnia, right? 
The taste not as good as any other tea, but, it smells better. I think Lipton always good at smell ;)
Here's some benefits of Chamomile tea: 

This tea, with its mild sedative effects, has ability to relieve insomnia and encourage a good night's sleep, free of nightmares. If you've been having sleepless or restless nights, a steamy, soothing mug of chamomile tea at bedtime may be just what you need to sleep soundly through the night. Insomnia and sleepless nights often go hand-in-hand with increased melancholy and worry, and may even cause depression. This tea makes me happy, it really helps me sleep better :) 


Chamomile tea has been known as a soothing remedy for menstrual cramps for many years, and current research has uncovered the science behind this tea's ability to lessen cramps at this time of the month. Enjoying chamomile tea regularly increases levels of the amino acid glycine in your body, and higher levels of glycine may help to ease menstrual cramps by reducing muscle spasms and encouraging your body (including the uterus) to relax.

find more chamomile tea's benefits here 

Twinings Black Tea 

This probably my all time favorite black tea. A fine black tea with fruity taste so freaking good! and smells really good too! I drink this tea almost every single day in the past couple of months! Super good and... You have to try it yourself! I highly recommend this!!

Twinings is a brand from UK and you guys know British knows about tea better than us ;)




Black tea contains polyphenols, which are also antioxidants that help block DNA damage associated with tobacco or other toxic chemicals. These antioxidants are different from those obtained from fruits and vegetables and therefore as a regular part of our diet they can provide additional benefits towards a healthy lifestyle. Antioxidants like polyphenol and catechins in tea may help prevent some types of cancer. It has been suggested that women who drink black tea regularly have a lower chance of ovarian cancer than their counterparts. 

Starbucks Tea



Passion Tea Lemonade is the only beverage I buy every time I come to Starbucks some people might be think I'm weird because people usually come to buy coffee or other beverage, but me? I'm addicted to this tea! I like to add 3 or more pumps of Raspberry syrup and it tastes heavenly! It can go with any cookie or cake or even heavy snack like sandwiches. I can drink 3 venti cups in a day, that's not healthy I know but I love it!! 



Last week, I went to Starbucks with my sister to grab my usual drink but something caught my eyeballs. It's Chai Tea Latte and I decided to cheat on Passion Tea Lemonade and tried in a grande size. At first, the smell wasn't something I like - it's so latte-ish BUT... the taste was really good! It taste like black tea with hint of spices like cinnamon and black pepper. It's sweet but spicy. I love it <3


What's your favorite?




4 comments:

  1. chai latte lebih enak panas daripada dingin. believe me. aromanya jauh lebih keluar. tapi kadang aku suka tambah 1 pump vanilla sih, hehe :D udah lama gak ngestarbucks gegara kartunya ilang --" suka peppermint tea juga gak pey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling maaf baru ke baca. aku baru nyoba chai latte sekali but already love it LOL next time aku coba yang panas kayyy ;) peppermint tea starbucks? belom pernah nyoba, i'll try asap and let you know. kalo ke starbucks cuma satu yg aku pesen haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. nah, not starbucks. cobain yang twinings peppermint green tea atau peppermint infusion (kalo yg infusion belom nyoba sih. baru yg green tea aja) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aku kira starbucks hihi nanti aku coba ya darling :* thanks for the recommendation

      Delete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS