VANITY: REVLON COLORSTAY WHIPPED CREME MAKEUP

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Being a big fan of Revlon, I like to try their new products but for foundation, I prefer to stick with Revlon Colorstay Foundation. Earlier this month, I ran out my foundation so I went for buy a new one. Unfortunately, my shade (sand beige) was out of stock. So I decided to try this product and surprisingly, it's pretty good.

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup is a foundation with mousse-like texture feels silky against the skin, with a "time release" formula that balances skin for a flawless long-lasting look. Provides medium to full coverage and withstands heat and humidity.







The consistency of the foundation is different than any other foundation I've tried. It's not like your typical cream foundation, it's much more dense. And, if you're not a fan of mousse formulas, don't worry, it's thicker, yet very creamy and still has somewhat of a mousse-like feel. If you read the ingredients list, it's packed with silicone, but it doesn't have that familiar silicone primer, powdery texture. 

The coverage is medium, which is buildable to a heavier medium. It leaves my face looking completely flawless. Reddened blemishes still peek through a tiny bit. The finish is a bit matte at first, but then changes to a more natural finish. This foundation wears incredibly well and stays almost completely put until the time I take it off. It stays all day with minor fading around my lips (from eating, drinking, etc). I actually find it to have better staying power than the regular Colorstay foundation.



It washes off easily with a makeup wipe - it's not hard to remove like some other long-wearing foundations. The packaging is a large, heavy glass jar. I actually kinda like the visual appeal of it, but it's not ideal for traveling.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this foundation, and I can definitely see repurchasing it when I run out! I think it's a foundation that could work well on all skin types.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS