CINEMA: STILL ALICE

Friday, February 27, 2015



Still Alice is a heart wrenching, beautiful film about a woman dealing with a devastating diagnosis. You slowly get into Alice's head, witness the subtle shift in her behavior, her struggles, and it's heartbreaking. I cried so much during the movie! If you have any history with a chronic disease like I do, and even if you don't, you will cry during this movie. It's an emotionally-charged film that has the particularity to be easy to watch.



Alice Howland
The film is very much about Alice and her disease. It's focused on her and the other characters are basically supporting roles but they all really carry the story perfectly. The story is told from Alice's perspective, she is the center and she is telling her story in her own way.

Alice and her husband, John Howland
Here it is, Julianne Moore's best shot at an Oscar. She delivered an amazing performance for such a demanding and what I'm sure must have been a challenging role. She applied so much authenticity in her performance that you won't leave the movie theater without acknowledging your feelings.

Alice and her daughters, Anna & Lydia
Alice and her son, Tom
But what we also get in this movie is we are shown the different family members and how they deal with what is happening to their mother and wife. Alec Baldwin, Kristen Stewart, Kate Bosworth, and Hunter Parrish who played as Alice's husband and children, we see how this puts them all under stress and how they deal with it. Some start off strong and are full of hope and help but lose it later down the line. While others are not there at the beginning but are there later on giving the strength that Alice and the rest of the family needs.

“My yesterdays are disappearing, and my tomorrows are uncertain, so what do I live for? I live for each day. I live in the moment. Some tomorrow soon, I'll forget that I stood before you and gave this speech. But just because I'll forget it some tomorrow doesn't mean that I didn't live every second of it today. I will forget today, but that doesn't mean that today didn't matter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS