ABOUT ME: FLAWS

Monday, October 19, 2015


Years ago, on one fine night after taking all of my makeup off, I was staring at my mirror and looked closely into my face. I was figuring every inch of it, divided which part is my favourite and not my favourite. Why those certain parts are not favourite anyway? What's wrong with them? 
Because they're not good enough
I woke up from my chair and stared at my standing mirror, learned every inch of my body. I also have certain parts that I don't really like there. What's wrong with them? 
Because they're not good enough.
I wish I have slimmer face... I wish I don't have dark circles under my eyes... I wish I have slimmer body...  I wish I have perfect nose 

The more I think, the more I find out about my flaws. There are some parts of me more than just physical condition, but the way I think about people, the way I think about certain conditions, the way I think about world! It comes to conclusion that I have so many flaws and all the "I wish" is not helping at all. Part of my body that I don't like are just a small part of my flaws. 

But nobody is perfect. I think about my parents, my sisters, my brothers, my best friends, none is flawless. We are all humans after all. We don't have control for our flaws. 

I think, my biggest flaw is I give people more chances than they deserve it or shortly, I always too forgiving. There're some conditions that people are taking advantage of it. What can I do? I blame myself. That's my second biggest flaw. 

There are some flaws that we can change and there are some flaws that we don't have controls. It is totally okay to admit that you have flaws. Everybody has flaws. You don't have to always cover up your imperfection, you don't have to always hiding behind the state of perfection.

I have through phases when I hate for not having slimmer body or not tall enough as my friends were. I have through phases where I couldn't speak up my mind because I'm afraid I'll hurt someone. But that's not the way we live. That was a phase when I didn't have self acceptance. I was hiding behind my flaws. Years by years. I learn to accept who truly am.

I learn that it is perfectly okay to admit that you have flaws.
I learn that it is perfectly okay to show the world your flaws.
I learn that it is perfectly okay to be a work in progress. 

I think, the most important thing is self acceptance. If we're learning to accept ourselves, to love and cherish ourselves we can work on our flaws or not. As we learn about self acceptance, when we work on our flaws, change it to better ways, we'll do it in good ways.

I start workout regularly and change the way I eat because I want HEALTHY body, not skinny body.
I read more self-help books because I want to IMPROVE my self, not because I want to change myself to be someone else.

Self Acceptance = Self Love 

Self love is about learning how to love and accept yourself for who you are and not needing to compare yourself to anyone because you've finally learned you are enough just as you are and you always be enough.

So now... Whatever you do to work on your flaws, make sure do it with love and for YOU, not for everybody else. Once you've accepted your flaws, no one can use them against you. Perfect is boring. Perfect is not even real. We're perfectly imperfect. From now, let's smile to your reflection in the mirror and say "You're beautiful. You're perfect. You're worth." because we all are.

Remember, everything is so amazingly beautiful when we stop looking for flaws 






Follow me on social medias: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS