CINEMA: IN THE HEART OF THE SEA

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I watched this movie few weeks ago with my sisters and brother on a Friday night. I meant to write this post earlier but overwhelmed with all the graduation preparation (ck, girl being a girl!), college application, and put this too darn long. 

In the Heart of the Sea is inspired from Moby Dick. I kind of familiar with this novel thou, like people keep talking about how great this classic novel but never read it and I seriously have no idea why.


When I watched the trailer for the first time, I was so excited! This movie has some of my favourite actors like Chris Hemsworth, Ben Whishaw, and Tom Holland. The trailer was so good, it caught my attention and made me looking forward for the movie. It was around 3 or 4 months ago I think. 



I'm not quite sure how I feel about this movie. The first 30 minutes, this movie got me. I completely forgot of my lemonade and nachos. Then, came the time when I got bored, like this movie is going nowhere. I ate my nachos and stole some of my sister's popcorn. I was paying more attention for food and my lemonade than the movie. This is one of the signs of how terribly boring a movie is.


The reason why I kept watching was because I wanted to see how big, scary, dangerous, and deadly the whale is. I meant, that was what I thought when I watched the trailer. I never read the novel, I have no idea how the story is going. 

Then here it came, the popular whale of the story. It was so good actually, rather the fact that it wasn't as big as I thought it would be. It wasn't that deadly except it sank the ship. I thought it would really dangerous and deadly but... yeah, that was it. The CGI effect wasn't really impressive to be honest. The sound effect was pretty good, it was fit in every scene. It felt like an average thing.



The best thing about this movie was the acting. Let's be honest, even the cameo in this movie seriously believable. Chris Hemsworth was so darn good in this movie. He proves that he can play so many different characters. He doesn't want to remember only as Thor. Another leading role in this movie, Benjamin Walker, he's an amazing actor too. I've never saw him before and this movie made me felt for his charisma.

One person surprised me the most, Tom Holland. I mean, I know he's a very great young actor but I think in this movie, he showed us his best! I can't wait to see him as Spiderman! And, I really wish I could see more of Ben Whishaw!

Overall, In the Heart of the Sea is entertaining but not that great. It's like an average movie with great actors. I felt like it's kinda waste of talent of those actors thou.




Follow me on social medias: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS