I'M MUSLIM AND I'M NOT A TERRORIST

Saturday, July 16, 2016



the other day, I received a rather than terrible message on my tumblr inbox along with other messages. This special one really caught my attention, not only this person was wondering why I care about black people and LGBT, but also he said that I'm a terrorist. 

I am muslim. I am wearing hijab for most of my days. I am not a terrorist. 

I know that this is supposed to be not a big deal because it sent anonymously to me but it hurt to see that there's still people out there who haven't educated themselves. I feel obligated to speak up on my platform, to defend myself and other muslim sisters and brothers out there who received such horrible judgements.

It makes me sad that people still thinking all muslim are terrorist. If so, why those attacks happened in muslim majority countries? Why it killed hundreds - even thousands muslims while they were pray? while they were fasting in the holy month of Ramadan? 

It doesn't make any sense. Not even a bit. 

Those attacks made by terrorist, not muslims. Trust me, we're muslims hate ISIS more than you can think of. They claimed as muslims, do the right thing based on Al-Qur'an, based on Allah Swt. but no, none of their claims are true. 

I'm not a perfect person, not a very religious person who you can look up to. I'm still learning day by day but all I know, every religion will never told their people to do bad things, to kill, to attack, to torture.

I care about humanity not about your religion or skin colour or sexuality. I don't care about any of those. That's your life, that's your right to choose and none should be judge by their choices. What matter is human rights. 

None deserves to be judge because their religion. 
None should be scared to get out of their house because their skin colour. 

Why can't we live equally without being bitchy about religion, sexuality and skin colour? Why can't we live peacefully as human beings? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS