HAIR CARE TIPS

Monday, August 15, 2016

Hello! 

Short or long hair, the process of taking care of it such a lazy thing to do. I've done so many things with my hair such as smoothing, toning, dying my hair from natural brown to black (school mandatory sucks!), ironing (both straight and curling iron) and even there's a time I didn't taking care of it. When I neglect my strands, it gets dry and damage. 



Here are my best tips for hair care, hope it works for you as well! 

Drink a lot of water - this is the most basic tips. Drink at least 8 glasses of water, and you'll get fresh and natural glowing hair and skin. 

Don't over wash - if you workout everyday or being outside everyday and your hair is dirty, I recommend to use dry shampoo. If you don't have any, you can use baby powder and it works the same. Over wash your hair makes the natural oil that your hair needs gone. It also makes your hair dry. 

Wash your hair with cold water - this is great for strength and add more shine to your hair! 

Brand and range - I recommend use the same brand and range for your shampoo and conditioner. I find it works the best because they created specific formula and completed each other. Also, find the right shampoo and conditioner by knowing your hair type: normal/dry, oily or colour-treated hair. 

Do not ever skip conditioner - this is probably everyone's problem. I swear, conditioner gives you great result. My hair never has any split ends or even worse, rough frizzy hair. In the shower, I use deep conditioning, moisture rich conditioner and leave it for 3-5 minutes before rinse. I focus on half to end of my hair. 

Hair mask once a week - either go to your hair salon or self treated on your pamper night. Your choice ;) 

Vitamins - I like to use double job product like leave in conditioner. It has vitamins and also double moisturising your hair. 

Blow dry 80-90% of the hair - or even better, let it air dry. If you have to blow dry your hair, keep your dryer at least 10 cm from the hair, don't get too close so the heat is not touching directly to your hair. Also, focus on the roots and work your way down. 

Be careful when choosing colour - I dyed my hair too frequently in the past because of school reason and now it still damaging my hair. Crazy right? Colour processing specifically bleaching is very damaging. I suggest, if you can't resist the temptation of having different hair colour, do the research. If you're going to go to the hair salon, make sure they are professional. If you're going to DIY your hair colouring process, be careful when choosing the hair colour product. Make sure you understand how the process should go, and how long you should leave the product to soak in. 


Hope this post helpful! Let me know what's your hair care tips! Thanks for reading! Xx
SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS