FANTASTIC BEASTS AND WHERE TO FIND THEM (2016) | SPOILER REVIEW

Sunday, November 27, 2016


It feels like a dream to be back to Wizarding World. It feels like home. Isn't it? :') 

What makes Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is even more special is because it is an original screenplay written by the one and only J.K. Rowling. None knows anything. So it is an incredible experience to see the film for the very first time without actually know what's going to happen. As a hardcore Harry Potter fan, this is like a dream comes true, right? 

I enjoyed this movie so much! By the time you read this post, I already watch it for several times because it's worth every penny. To be able to experience a world filled with magic, hear familiar spells and even mouthing it as the actor actually said it on the movie, it's just... remarkable! 

Directed by David Yates, the same director with the last four Harry Potter movies (and also The Legend of Tarzan), this movie constructed very well! He once again proves that he understands this world without overly lying. He created this wizarding world again in a whole different level! I read every Harry Potter book, I watch every Harry Potter movie more than ten times in my whole life but yet, I'm surprised! I literally surprised in every moment of this movie. Well done, Mr. Yates!

The story itself is once again blows me off! J.K. Rowling and David Yates make the child inside of me get really excited! Everything looks cool! Great storyline combines with amazing action sequences and special effect, they slowly build the story and characters into something that literally magical. I love how the twist is not cliche whatsoever, it doesn't try too hard to be one, but we fully surprise how it ended.



Takes time 70 years before Harry Potter franchise, this movie focuses on Newt Scamander (Eddie Redmayne) who is adorable and very likable, a guy came all the way from London to New York, with a bag full of mystical creatures. Eddie is literally Newt, like I know from the very first time that Eddie will be great in this movie, although I know nothing about the story, but my imagination about Eddie being wizard, doing magic is just a perfection. Seeing him in this movie is a whole another level of perfection! Newt's personality reminds me a lot of Hagrid: both have biggest heart, they believe if the nurture and take care of this wild creatures, they can be tamed. They always see good things in everything.

Newt's No-Maj friend (no magic people or we usually know it as muggle), Dan Fogler's Kowalski is such a great character! He's innocent and funny, he adds so many humor in this dark movie. But by the end of this movie, he turns to be the most emotional element in this movie. I literally cried when Newt, Queenie (Alison Sudol) and Tina (Katherine Waterston) have to say goodbye and kind of obliviate him.


I also adore Colin Farrell's Graves who is charismatic but also sneaky character. The first part of the movie he makes us believe that he is doing something heroic but when he meets Credence (Ezra Miller) in the alley which is dark and seems stinky, I know something bad is gonna happen. For my eyes, there's sexual tension between these two, especially when Graves leans too close to Credence with his seductive voice and the younger man looks comfort under his hug. This scene shows how vulnerable Credence is and how persuasive Grave is. This is actually the major hint and we missed of course until the end, we know that Grave is not Graves, he is Grindelwald (Johnny Depp). Bam!

One thing that I'm quite disappointed is lack of Credence's background story. I mean, if he's gonna the main villain in this movie, at least we know his background, why he can hold Obscurus until he's a teenager (maybe he's around 17 or 18 in this movie?) and also I want to see how dangerous he is. I feel like this movie is a little bit in a rush because I don't see enough of Credence. I feel like this is a plot hole.


The future of this series is seriously promising. I'm excited to experience more like Ilvermony House and I also want to see more of Newt's past back in Hogwarts, how he met Lita Lestrange or maybe how this story relates to Harry Potter franchise.

Overall, this movie is a magical experience! Everyone in my family loves it, my friends are also love this movie. I believe if you love Harry Potter or a hardcore Potterhead like I do, you will enjoy this movie as well!

Thanks for reading! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS