MAKEUP REVIEW | MAYBELLINE FIT ME DEWY + SMOOTH FOUNDATION

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Hello!

I have tested, re-tested and tested again and today I finally have my final thought about this foundation. I bought this foundation because so many people like it, so many people hate it. 

Let's start with the packaging. It's a square, glass packing, very light on hand but it doesn't have pump so I have to pour the product into the back of my hand. Ck, not very practical. Because the consistency of the product is liquid-y, it's such a mess on my hand because I wasn't expecting that. So yeah, the packaging is not really a good one. 


Now, moving on to the formula. The shade match my skin nicely (I'm using 115 Ivory). It is a light - medium coverage foundation and has cold effect when you apply it on the skin. But it depends on what tool do you use. First time I applied this foundation, I used my Real Technique beauty sponge (because I'm used to apply my foundation with damp beauty sponge) but it didn't go well with this foundation. The beauty sponge absorbed the product too much, so it only left a very little amount on my skin. Second try, I applied with flat foundation brush, again it didn't go well. Instead of leaving airbrush effect, it looked so patchy and cakey on my skin. Yikes

I found a better way to apply this foundation. Without using primer first (which I barely use), I used foundation brush only to apply the product into my skin and used damp beauty sponge to blend it. It gave me a nice, soft looking foundation. It appeared so much like skin. It blended beautifully, covered up my pores and gave me a flawless effect. But I have to say, this foundation is not a buildable foundation. It made my skin cakey and patchy around nose area. 

bare skin - that time of the month, I have those bad boys :|
use a flat foundation brush to apply 
it doesn't blend well with flat foundation brush
blend with beauty sponge

picture below is me at 9 a.m.
a very minimal makeup for run errands. What I use other than the foundation | Brows: The Body Shop brow powder |
Mascara: Maybelline Lash Sensational | Lips: Bourjois Rouge Edition 12 Hours in 33 PĂȘche Cocooning | 

Unfortunately, after leaving house for few hours, the foundation didn't set as my usual foundation be. It marked my glasses, settled into lines under my eyes, smiles lines and when I touched my face, there's foundation on my fingers. What is going on?! 

at 11.45-ish a.m - a little bit oily, but still nice 
at 4-ish p.m. - cakey, patchy, disappeared around nose and eye area (I don't use concealer)
Not stopping there, it made my face looked so oily instead of dewy as it claimed. It did hydrated my skin but it was too oily for my liking, especially on my T-zone. So instead giving me healthy glow, it gave me dull face during the day and disappeared around 3 or 4 pm. Really not an attractive look! 

I thought this was because the weather where I live. It's rainy season but from 9 to 11 or 12, it's so hot, like the sun is above your head but then, around 1 or 2 pm, it's raining, like really heavy. I'm not sure if the weather is winter-y (I live in tropic area), how long the foundation hold up. It's a surprise for me because my usual foundations (Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation and NYX BB Cream) hold up pretty well, it stays all day on my skin, without making me oily or cakey. 

around 8 p.m - my skin feels very oily especially on the T-zone. the foundation is actually disappeared from my entire face. 

I hate love and hate relationship with this foundation. I love how it looks on my skin at first but during the day, it leaves me oily skin and dull looking. Not an attractive one. I'm not sure if it's because of the weather or what, but the 'too much dewiness' part is not great. I touched my nose and it felt like touching my oil lash serum. 

So, what do you think about this foundation? Let me know! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS